Friday, January 20, 2012

Gaming update

I've been all over the place the last week or so with my gaming habits.

 

I haven't gone back to Uncharted 3.  After the exhilarating plane sequence I have kinda lost interest again.  Some of the battle sequences in that game are extremely frustrating.  A combination of a sudden difficulty spike combined with the iffy controls resulting in many deaths and replays.  I think I am towards the end so I hope to finish it this weekend.  And when I start wishing to just be done with a game so that I can move on to something else, I know it is ultimately a disappointment.  Shame.  Still looking forward to The Last of Us though.

 

I've starting playing Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath.  It was released on PSN a few weeks back, all HD-afied, and I never played the original even though I've heard great things.  So far the game is enjoyable and runs at a smooth 60fps.  Gameplay is fun and different, but definitely showing its age.  I am only about 2 hours in though.

 

I have also somehow started playing Black-ops again.  It had been a while.  I still got it though, as I have been playing great without missing a beat.  I am surprised by how many people are still playing this.

 

Still also dabbling in Skyrim every now and then.  I'll play in one or two hour chunks periodically.  Entertaining, but it leaves me wanting more.

 

I haven't played Rayman: Origins in over a month.  Not sure why, I love that game and want to finish it.

 

I haven't started Bastion yet because I really want to give that game a fair shot (really enjoyed the demo) but I have been in such a weird, jaded mood with games lately I get the feeling I won't enjoy it if I start now.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment