Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Gaming update

I just recently had 10 days off from work and I did a whole lot of nothing.  Well, I did a whole lot of sitting on my couch vegetating and gaming.  I hadn't done that it forever.  Just hours upon hours of gaming.
 
You know what?  I don't like it.  Sure, it is just as addicting as it used to be when I was younger.  But I just feel awful about it now.  Countless hours wasted.  I could have been far more productive.  My entire apartment needs a severe deep cleaning.  Laundry needs to be done.  My car needs to be washed.  I need to get back to the gym.  I basically needed to do anything except what I did.
 
And time just flies when you are lost in a game.  I'd look at the clock, tell myself I would stop playing in an hour and get some things done, and the next time I  would look at the clock four hours had gone by.  Again, terrible feeling.
 
That being said, I put in a ton of hours in CoD: Black-Ops, beat the game on Hardened, and already reached level 50 (max) in multiplayer.  I also spent a good deal of time with Gran Turismo 5.   I also played some Enslaved, but not much.  Not because it was bad, but because I was addicted to fragging people on-line and modifying cars to make them go fast.  I'll hopefully get back to Enslaved soon.
 
So I once again find myself with a ton of games left unfinished and not knowing which to play.  Black-Ops and GT5 are no brainers, I'm seriously addicted to those at the moment.  But I have Enslaved going, Castlevania has been all but forgotten, Super Meat Boy is begging for attention, and RDR: Undead Nightmare needs to be finished!  And that is not counting the full back-log of titles I have incomplete and pending.
 
Anyway, I'm definitely putting up some Black-Ops and GT5 impressions soon.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment