Thursday, January 26, 2012

Starhawk Beta . . .

I played a match of the Starhawk Beta the other night.  I had no idea what was going on.  I had no idea what the controls were.  I had no idea what the objectives were.  And I was not having much fun as a result.

 

Prior to launching the match I did try to prepare myself.  I looked in the options menu for a controller configuration screen.  Didn't find one.

 

I looked for a section describing the play mechanics or goal of a match.  Didn't find one.

 

C'mon folks! I don't find it much fun to play a game blind, learning the controls by trial and error, and figuring out what I should be doing by dying over and over and eventually figuring it out.  Why can't you include a very simple "How to play" and "controls" screen?  That would make the experience so much more enjoyable.

 

Ok, rant over.

 

Note, if the game does have this buried in the menu system, then I retract all my comments.  But I really didn't find anything.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment